Monday, July 30, 2012

I am in love!

Well, after 3 long years of being single I am finally in a committed relationship and have fallen in love again. I never thought this would happen, especially after all of the BS that I've gone through with men; but, alas, here I am. Roarke has been one of my brothers friends since 9th grade in high school so I've basically known him forever. I always had a crush on him, but it was from the eyes of a teenager who secretly pines for her brothers hot friend but realizes it will never happen. Now we are both older, and those same rules that applied in high school don't anymore, and here I am. It's been kind of weird of course; changing the way I've looked at someone I've known forever, but overall, I'm glad that I have. Over the last couple of weeks, we've done everything from go out to a fancy dinner and go bar hopping afterwards, to having a backyard BBQ for my birthday and being outted to all of our friends. The best part is he has a 5 year old daughter who is so amazing and I am beyond ecstatic to be able to have her in my life. She is the cutest little girl and we have bonded beyond anything I could have even imagined. The only downside to my happiness is the fact that Roarke lives about 40 minutes away. He has his own house, so if this relationship continues, and I pray that it does, I will eventually be moving to the town he lives in. It's smaller than Madison and I'll be away from friends and family, but I guess I have to look at the glass half full instead of half empty. Maybe moving to a smaller town will help me settle down more, and stop spending late nights at the bars with my girls. I'm 28 now and I want to have a baby something fierce but that's not going to happen if I continue on with my life that way it is. Plus, there's a smaller school system so I might be able to get a good job in a community that actually values their teachers. I guess I will just have to wait and see what the future brings and just stay optimistic for now. I will keep you posted on our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment