Saturday, March 12, 2011

I have cancer

Well, not really.. but my stomach feels like it. Went out for my brothers 29th birthday and I drank wayyyy too much alcohol. Now my pancreas feels like it's on fire and I don't know why I'm actually surprised. After the last ER visit, and the millionth doctor telling me I should never drink again, it's kind of stupid of me to keep repeating the same behavior over and over again.

I feel so old and I'm not even close to 30 yet. I used to party my ass off, wake up and drink a beer for breakfast. Now I wake up, pop a vicodin, lay on the couch for 2 days in agony and feel embarrassed that I've stepped back into my frat house days. God, I hate getting old. Even my excuses when I call in for work have become weak and lame. I use to have that shit in the bag and now I feel the glares on my back when I come back after calling in because of a massive hangover. It's not like I'm going to teach kids though when I have vodka sweating out of my pores. Might cause the little monsters to get contact or some such nonsense.

Alright, it's 4 am and my insomnia is starting to fade so night night.... xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Been there done that. Hope you feel better soon (although it is a week later now). I do feel compelled to comment that if you drink now, you'll drink just as much when teaching. The stress won't let up, I'm telling you, and you will drink.

    (A kindergartner is sitting on my lap in a rocking chair; I am reading a Clifford book and trying not to feel nauseous)

    Me: "...and then Clifford..."

    Kid: "Mr. JL?"

    Me: "Yes, David?"

    Kid: "You smell like BEER."

    Me:"...you're a very observant young man."

    ReplyDelete