Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 20- Someone you see yourself marrying/being with in the future

Day 20- Someone you see yourself marrying/being with in the future

Hey Guys I'm back! Sorry it's been a couple of weeks but I have been mad busy. I'm really starting to like my new job working with kids for this After School program. It's really challenging but it's giving me a lot of experience working with kids and I hope it'll help me in the future. I don't know if you all watch the news much but if you have, you've probably heard about the budget crisis going on in Wisconsin and how it is affecting our teachers. I have been down at the capitol protesting and doing my part to try to get awareness out about how sheisty our governor is. I am worried that there may not be many teaching opportunities for me by the time I graduate and I've been very stressed out about it. I will try to keep the blog going as much as possible though. Sorry about the lapse but life happens.

Anyway, back to the 30 day challenge that has now turned into the 4 month challenge:

For day 20 I am supposed to talk about someone that I could see myself marrying or being with in the future. This is a very hard thing for me to talk about though because as you've probably learned from my previous posts, I do not have very good luck in the love department. I Guess you could say that I haven't had very much in the way of role models for relationships though. My parents divorced when I was 2 and I saw them in the same room with each other for the first time when I was 18 and graduated high school. My grandma was married twice and is also divorced from both her husbands. None of my friends have gotten married, and the longest relationship I've ever had is a year and a half. I feel like that's my curse and I can never seem to get a relationship to last longer than that.

Will I ever get married? I don't know. I don't want to end up alone like my grandma that's for sure. She once told me, after having a couple of margaritas one night at Pedro's, that she hasn't had sex since 1995. That is just sad. The way things are going that will probably be my fate too. Destined to end up as the neighborhood cat lady, alone, with cobwebs growing in my cuslapis from lack of use!

But if I had to create a list of the qualities I look for in a guy they would have to include the following:

1. Can't live at home with his mom, dad, grandparents, aunt, uncle, or any other family member (you might think that this shouldn't be my #1 thing but a lot of guys I meet are still living at home)

2. Has to like my family (this is harder than you would think because my family is so dysfunctional)

3. Doesn't smoke

4. Has to be motivated

5. Has to own a car (so tired of dating guys that don't own a damn car. I want someone to date, not someone to chauffeur)

6. Reasonably good looking, with a nice smile, good sense of humor, and takes care of himself

7. Reasonably intelligent

8. Treats me with respect, honesty, and caring

9. Has an accent

So there are a couple of examples of things I look for in a guy but he could also be any of the following and I would gladly take him:

Channing Tatum, Brad Pitt, David Beckham, Drake, Usher, Chris Evans, Sam Worthington, Johnny Depp, or Ryan Kwanten. Any of these guys would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment