Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Something I'm proud of

Day 9- Something you're proud of in the last few days

Well technically day 9 was yesterday but I was sick so I forgot all about it. So I'll do two posts today.

At my job we get paid every other Thursday, but on the Tuesday of the same week we have the capability of checking how much our paycheck will be. I got in today and was pleasantly surprised that my check is $300 more than it's supposed to be. It says that it's for overtime. I never worked overtime. I NEVER work overtime. I can't stand being here when I have to be, let alone come in for overtime. Usually I am a pretty honest person. I don't steal from friends, even though they have things that I want. Like Robbie's new black Coach purse with the purple lining. If I was a worse human being I would have snatched that up in a second. I do take the occasional glass from a bar, or a knife from The Texas Roadhouse, because they have really awesome steak knifes, but all in all I would say I'm a good person. So saying that, it would probably be responsible of me to inform my job that they overpaid me.

But I'm not. I mean, who's to say that it wasn't a mistake? Maybe it's a Christmas bonus. Maybe they think I smell good everyday and wanted to give me some financial props for my overall goodness. I mean who cares? I'm keeping it. Instead of spending it on myself though I'm going to use it on Christmas presents. I was just going to buy everyone socks but now I can actually get everyone something nice. See, I'm a good person. I take from the rich and give to the poor. Yay me!

1 comment:

  1. I would have done the same thing...especially since you said your work is closing it's doors!

    ReplyDelete