Thursday, December 23, 2010

How I started the Blog

Day 12- How you found out about blogger and why you made one

A couple of years ago I had broken up with The Ex and was feeling pretty shitty. He basically walked all over me, cheated on me, and left me high and dry in our apartment with all of the bills. I was sad, pissed, and miserable and I didn't know what to do about it. Someone mentioned that it might be cathartic to start a blog to get some stuff off of my chest. I immediately Googled blogs, since I Google everything, and found Blogger. A couple of months ago I read through all my blogs and it's really sad how much I talked about him but it really did help me get over him. Once I started feeling better the blog turned into more of a forum to talk about how crazy my life was, my funny ass friends, and other stuff that I had on my mind. My friends started reading it and gave me lots of encouragement saying it was pretty damn funny so I kept it up.

I took a hiatus from the blog last year when the Ex and I briefly got back together. He was uncomfortable with me talking about him over the Internet, even though I never used his real name, so I stopped. But then I realized that I was tired of him always monopolizing what I did, and he wasn't good enough for me, so I dropped his ass for good and started the blog again. I really enjoy it even though I don't always know what to talk about, I don't have a huge following, and I'm sure only a few people read it. But I'll keep it up as long as I have something to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment