Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A habit I wish I didn't have

Day 4 - A habit I wish I didn't have

This is a tricky one because everything I do is perfect so I really can't think of anything. OK let me stop. Actually there are quite a few things I do that I wish I wouldn't. The main one is that I fidget. I have ADD so it's really hard for me to sit still. Even when I am sitting still, I am always moving at least some part of my body. I squish my toes back and forth, over and over, or tap my fingers on the table, or bite the cap of my pen. I absolutely can NOT sit still. I've had guys tell me that I continuously move my feet while I'm sleeping too. It got so bad at one point that I finally went to the doctor and was prescribed Adderrall and diagnosed with ADD. I didn't even know that I had it. I used to get so restless and I would self-medicate with alcohol to try and calm my ass down because alcohol is a downer. I still like to drink obviously but when I take my medicine it's like the difference between night and day. I feel so much more focused and settled. I still fidget quite a lot and if there was a habit I wish I could change, that would be it.

1 comment:

  1. I self medicate w/ alcohol too...for my boredom though LOL

    ReplyDelete