Monday, August 16, 2010

Whiskey and Cigarettes

(For any smokers out there that may happen to read this next post: yes I am talking about you too)

My job has the highest attrition rate out of any place that I have ever worked for. I have worked here for almost 3 years and have become friends with numerous people. Most of them have left though. I am the last one. I'm cool like that.

A couple of weeks ago we had a new training class come in. This is always a mixed blessing. On one hand it's good because it brings our call volume down and frees up my day so I have more time to read, blog, or skim the Internet. All important things that they should be paying me to do.

On the other hand, it is a negative because I always have to deal with new people. People that are loud, or annoying, or have no idea what they are doing and ask me questions in between their calls even if I'm busy on a call. I've met some pretty cool people here but the ratio between cool and lame in this place is like 1:100.

One of the new recruits is almost too much to bear. She's nice and everything but she's SO F*ING LOUD! I am not sure if she's deaf or what but when she talks you can hear her on the other side of the room. Sometimes I can't hear what the customer I'm talking to is saying because she's screaming on her phone. She has been asked by myself, others around her, and supervisors if she would keep it down but her voice escalates when she talks. Kendall, who sits in front of me, gets a headache daily because he sits right next to her.

Most of the time it's not even how loud she is. If she had a little girly voice it probably wouldn't be so annoying but she's got one of those smoker voices. She sounds like she should have a glass of whiskey and a cigarette in her hand. When she laughs I get pictures of the Wicked Witch of the West in my head. "HAHAHAHAHAHAH (cough cough)" Sometimes people call her 'sir' on the phone because her voice is so deap now you can't tell if she's a man of not.

That's hot. I want to sound like that when I'm forty.

No comments:

Post a Comment