Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Drunken phone call

Last week our office announced that we would be closing our doors soon. This means that I finally have to stop being lazy and look for another job. The reason I am going to school is to be a teacher but I have to have a Bachelors degree in order to get a good job. So two more years of working in the corporate world and then I'm free to do what I really want to do.

In the meantime though it's corporate city for me. I sent out a bunch of applications and have gotten some responses. None of them have been very interesting except for one from this guy who decided to call me last Friday while I was drunk. This job would have a better annual salary than I have now, and I wouldn't have to deal with the phones all day. Sounds perfect for me right now. Except for the fact that I answered the phone while I was having an afternoon beer (or ten) and I can't remember the whole conversation. Here's hoping I didn't slur my words or anything because I can really use this opportunity. I didn't even remember this conversation until Monday morning. That is not good. He sounded really excited though so maybe he didn't notice. Or maybe I just thought he sounded excited because everyone seems happy to me when I'm sloshed. Like beer goggles, I see everyone through happy goggles and think everyone is up for the party.

2 comments:

  1. I raise my Corona to you! Go get that job, honey. Git it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun. Haven't heard anything yet but its still early

    ReplyDelete