Thursday, April 22, 2010

Prude.. who me???

I've been recently informed by my bestie that I am a prude. She says that I am so picky, that it's making me alone and I need to just get some ass and get out of my own way. She sure does have a way with words, doesn't she?

I wouldn't exactly call me a prude but I do agree that I am quite picky. Wouldn't you be after the losers that i've dated? The unfortunate part about it is that she is party correct. I do spend most of my time alone. I don't go out and date. I can 't stand the bar anymore, and I would rather curl up in bed with a good book then waste my night listening to some guy ramble on about how much he likes sports, and what he wants to be when he grows up. Eating razor blades sounds more fun to me right now than that. Does that make me cynical? Or just realistic?

I'm sure i'm not the only person in the world who's been burned and has almost given up. It is kind of sad that I am so young. And I do worry about it sometimes. I mean, I know you're "supposed" to mate with someone, have kids, and blah blah, but I just can't see that happening anytime soon.

Just because i'm not doing what's expected of me doesn't make me a lonely cat lady does it? I sure hope not because I really am too young to end up like my grandma and mom. Ok.... here's my personal goal:

School is over next week. I promise to get out of the house and be social, get laid (even if its just a one night thing), and stop thinking every man who talks to me is a waste of space.

See I can make productive goals. The Bestie doesn't know what she's talking about.

1 comment:

  1. Bah, let them talk. Don't become a hermit, but as you say, you are young. I got married at 30 and I married poorly. And I have paid for it.

    Take your time. Maybe you will neat a nice fellow at the library or the bookstore. And yes, dating sucks, as I am painfully relearning.

    ReplyDelete