Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Waking up laughing

I woke up laughing in my sleep this morning. It was seriously the weirdest thing ever. I wasn't even aware I was doing it until the Ex nudged me and asked what was so funny. (Yes, the Ex was over.. hehe shhhh)

I was dreaming that I was on this trip to Chicago with friends and people from school or something. The girl whose mother was driving (we were in our 20s I think but for some reason this girls mom drove us, don't ask) was a real Ice Queen and I just could not stand her. So when we got to Chicago we ditched them and took off for this mall. Next thing I remember is eating Sbarro in the food court with the Ex. Since we didn't have a ride home, we all jumped on a bus. I got there late and noticed my bags weren't anywhere to be found. I started freaking out because my book was in one of my bags, and there is no way I was going to drive 3 hours to Madison without anything to read. The next thing I know though, after like a 15 minute fit, was opening my eyes and seeing that we were in Madison. I had slept all the way there. (This is all a dream just to recap) And then I started laughing because I threw such a fit and then slept the whole way home anyway.

But I was laughing in real life too. Weird. I've never done that before. It just threw me off guard a little. The Ex already thinks I'm nuts so I don't worry what he thinks. How embarrassing that would have been though if that was a guy that I barely knew!

********

Speaking of the Ex. We still have a few kinks to work out with this whole being friends thing. We got in our first argument last night. Not good. (We made up though) We are trying this whole being honest with each other thing. When we dated, one of our main problems was trust. But when you're friends with someone, and sleeping with them too, where do you draw the line? For instance, he admitted to me that he had slept with this one girl, who I know by the way and don't approve of. But frankly, it's none of my business. He can't judge me on who I date, so why should I with him?

Sounds reasonable right? Yeah, if you're thinking logically. But when it comes to situations like this, who really thinks logically. So I guess I got a little judgemental, and he got a little offended.

He says that he likes that I am the only girl he feels comfortable telling this stuff too. That's great and all but I am not one of the guys. It's super cool that he thinks of me this way, but I'm only human, and have an ugly green monster just like any other girl. Even if we are just friends.

So where do you draw the line? I think I am going to go live in the woods or something and talk to animals. That would be much easier. Don't you think? (oh, I forgot about the bugs. Scratch that)

3 comments:

  1. I think it's hard to be friends w/ someone and sleep w/ them and be just friends. The feelings are always there and eventually someone feels more for someone and it just ends up a big mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah.... trying to be friends with someone you have been with/still are with.... is too hard. Somewhere deep inside you must still have some sort of feelings for him if you continue to sleep with him. Don't get me wrong, I do it over and over again. Maybe he is testing you by telling you about the other girl ... just to see if you still have feelings for him.

    oh and waking up laughing with him there. .. that ROCKS ... he needs to hear you laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've woken up laughing a couple of times. It's great.

    ReplyDelete