Wednesday, June 17, 2009

M.I.A

Wow, I've been kind of M.I.A the last week but I've had so much going on. I started these two new classes and I've been freaking out. One of them is American Government and the other is Teaching Math to Elementary students. American Government is not really my favorite subject, but I have wanted to touch up my knowledge recently in light of Obama's election. I thought I understood government and how it works, but I often find myself a little lost when people start going off about the state of the nation. So American Government, not a problem.

The other class though.... not so much. My math education has been lame at best, and I literally went cross-eyed when reading the first few paragraphs. But I decided to chill the hell out, sit down, focus and actually absorb the information, and I actually understood it. I don't think it's ever been a problem of understanding the material (except for geometry. That shit makes no sense), it's really just an issue of not caring about the material. And since I don't care, it takes me that much longer to do it. I wrote both of my 2,000 word final papers for my last semester classes in one day. And I got and A and a B.

But I'm an idiot when it comes to math so I have to spend twice as long working on it. This is going to be a really fun summer! So not as many blogs because really, who wants to hear about how lame my life is? Friday night at home studying math! Not really.

*sigh* back to work....

1 comment:

  1. I was never good at math either and I agree w/ you about geometry...shit's hard!

    ReplyDelete