Thursday, June 11, 2009

Laying down the law

I wrote this last night when I was drunk….

Reality is harsh. Delusions are easier to deal with than what is going on around you. You try to look for the good in people, but sometimes you just have to admit it might not be there. You can only be who you are, and if the people around you can’t cut it, then they aren’t good enough for you.

I recently was tested as to whether the words I just stated were pretty thoughts in my head, or words I actually live by. I am happy to report that I surprised even myself.

A situation came up that has happened before. I used to do whatever it took to make things copacetic, even if it meant being submissive; but no more. And never again. I stood my ground, and am very proud. I'm not going to go into details except this....

To a certain person I say: Drugs and alcohol are not an excuse to treat people like shit. I know; I’ve been there and I’ve come out the other side a better person. There is more to life than living like this. You still have so much to learn and experience. I am not holding anything against you, but nor will I allow myself to be treated this way ever again. Alcohol or not.

I deserve the best there is and will not settle for anything less. I am not the same person I was. That person was never who I really am. It’s nice to finally meet you though. I really do hope you can be the person I know you can be so I can continue knowing you into the future. Otherwise, good luck and good wishes in all that you do.

Love

Me xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for coming out on the other side. I had problems with drugs before and haven't done them for about 3 years now. People just don't realize how they act on that crap but it's no excuse. I just chose not to be around people like that anymore, it's a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete