Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lets be clear



I am seriously deficient. I know I can be really blond and it's nothing new but this really made me laugh and I had to share this with you. A couple of weeks ago I was laying around at Robbie’s house waiting for her to get home. I woke up from a nap and decided to put my contacts in. One of them felt like there was something still in it, so I took it back out and was going to wash it out again.

To be fair, I have to explain how I misunderstood. When I first started using contacts the doctor told me it’s not good to use different solutions. So that stuck in my head. I started using Opti-free replenish as the doctor recommended. But I got an infection in my left eye, and decided to switch.

My mom recommended using Clear Care because it has Hydrogen peroxide and cleans your contacts better. OK, I thought I’d try it. So on this day, I had been using this stuff for only a couple of days. Instead of reading the directions like a normal person, I just went ahead and followed what my mom said. “Put the contacts in the case, which is more like a basket than the regular flat contact cases, and make sure to leave them in for 6 hours.”

Ok, I can do that. I’m not retarded. Or so I thought. So when I had to re-rinse the lens, I reverted back to what the doctor said about not mixing the solutions. I took the Clear Care bottle and rinsed out my lens.

Holy loving mother of God did that hurt. I literally screamed like that kid on Home Alone and couldn’t get the stupid thing out! Rizzy ended up coming home and found me bawling like a baby. She got it out for me, bless her amazing heart, but my eye was seriously F-U-CKED up. And it was the left eye to top it off; the one I keep having problems with. My eye healed after a day or so but that experience definitely left a lasting impression.

So today I had put my contact in backwards, (the left one of course), my eye got all red and irritated again. A lady at work was asking me what kind of solution I use, so I Googled it and showed her the site.

Best part of the whole thing is that, as the site says, “One of the first things that tells you that Clear Care is different is the red ring around the bottle top. This “safety collar” is there as a reminder to you the Clear Care can burn or sting your eyes if you don’t use it the right way.”

What?! I just thought that stupid thing was a child seal or something.

“Never rinse lenses with Clear Care prior to inserting lenses into your eyes. Clear Care is a powerful cleaning and disinfecting solution that will burn and sting your eyes unless neutralized properly.”

Wow. I am really lame. I should learn how to read directions. You would think I would have learned my lesson when I was 17 and cooked a pizza in the oven with the cardboard still underneath. We had to stand around and eat it off the cardboard with forks.

I’m special.

No comments:

Post a Comment