Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Leaving the ghetto

God I'm lame. Well let me amend that because obviously the universe is rocking with that obviously false statement.

I mentioned a long time ago on here how i don't have a windshield wiper or signal thingie on my steering wheel do to a stupid fight between me and the Ex one drunken night. So in order to get them to work, my brother had to jury rig my steering wheel so I could at least move the little piece up and down every time I wanted to turn the signal on. (and trust me, the little piece is tiny and you can't see it while you're driving so I've had to get used to feeling it out without looking)

The wipers are even worse. Every time I want to turn them on I have to stop my car, get out, and pit the fuse in. Or stop my car and take the fuse out to turn them off.

Yes. I am very aware of how ghetto this is. My car has looked like someone tried to steal it for so long I don't even notice it anymore.

But I was finally able to score the necessary parts to get it fixed without paying out my ass at a shop and I AM ECSTATIC.

I know that sounds lame but seriously. You try driving around ghetto-fied for a year and tell me how ecstatic you'd be! Ugghh... *jumping up and down here*

I even asked my mom to buy me a new steering column for Christmas it is so annoying.
I got a gym membership. (which I love don't get me wrong, but not what I asked for)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting the car fixed, or at least getting the parts.

    I have had various cars for years with something wrong with them, but generally I don't care, especially if it is cosmetic.

    But, you can always upgrade to a Grand Marquis with some 24s

    ReplyDelete
  2. My turning signal on my old car wouldn't work properly so I had to grab it and push it up and down to get the blinker to go. Annoying! Glad you got it fixed!

    ReplyDelete