Thursday, April 16, 2009

If only I had my own zoo

I'm taking the Pickle to the zoo this weekend and I can not wait. She's at that age where everything is amazing to her. Everytime she sees something, she points and says, "what's that?" all cute in this little voice. It's so precious.

The only thing I really hate about the zoo is the insects. Really. Who needs to have insects on display? It's bad enough they exist and I have to deal with them in real life. At the zoo here in Madison some smart ass has decided that cockroaches are educational. So every time I go to the zoo, planning on enjoying myself, I end up having to look at these huge DISGUSTING cockroaches.

Even if I try to avoid them, everyone knows of my disdain for bugs and finds it hilarious to point them out. And it's not like I can NOT look. They're huge!

Who came up with this? I was talking to a customer today and mentioned this to him. He lives in California where cockroaches are most likely not sparse and thought it was funny that the zoo in Madison has cockroaches on display. His words: "that's like putting the common house fly on display." I agree. (and not even because he sounded SUPER cute and flirted with me for 20 minutes. Too bad he lives in California..*sigh*)

If I had my own zoo, hmmm there's a future goal, I would make sure there was not bugs on display. If someone wants to look at a bug they can go outside or look it up in a book. I don't know why anyone would want to look at big African cockroaches anyway. That's just nasty.

1 comment:

  1. I think your zoo would have a bar, and jerks and losers would be tossed into the bear cage and tiger pit.

    ReplyDelete