Monday, March 9, 2009

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! Oh my!

I had another crazy dream last night about animals. If you didn't read the first one, here's the link:

This dream, again, featured a bunch of wild animals fighting. But instead of being in a backyard, we were all in a house. While the other animals were busy fighting, I was being chased by a rat in the bathroom. I'd jump up on the counter, then jump down and run out the door and in through another door, back into the same bathroom. Over and Over and Over. There was this guy directing the fight and all I kept thinking is, "I wish he'd get over here and regulate on this crazy rat!"

So, why the hell am I having these crazy dreams about wild animals fighting? Well, according to an online dream interpreter...

"To see animals in your dream represents your own physical characteristic, primitive desires, and sexual nature, depending on the qualities of the particular animals. Animals symbolizes the untamed and uncivilized aspects of yourself. Thus, to dream that you are fighting with an animal signifies a hidden part of yourself that you are trying to reject and push back into your subconscious. Refer to the specific animal in your dream:"

OK, so the sexual thing obviously makes sense, and I guess I have been repressing it in order to stay sane, so I guess that's true. Here's what the specific animals I've been dreaming about mean:

Antelope: symbolizes your high ambitions will be achieved through a great expenditure of your energy.
I fricking hope so!

Apes: indicates deception, mischievous, and falsehood. You need to calm down. The ape may also refer to your wild inner nature, particularly your sexual nature.
OK this is starting to make a lot of sense! Calm down though? Ya right!

Camel: you are carrying too many problems on your shoulders, you need to forgive and forget
Okkkk I guess that one's self explanatory

Dog: indicates a skill that you have ignored or forgotten, but needs to be activated
I didn't forget how to do it.. I don't think that's possible

Elephant: you need to be more patient or understanding of others. Or there is a memory that you are holding on to for too long. You need to let go of the past. To dream you are afraid of the elephant, suggests that there is an enormous problem that you are afraid to face.
I'll say! 5 months celeb ate was a long damn time!

Gorilla: you may be too "over the top" in your behavior
Ya, that's a given

Hippopotamus: your aggressive in nature, you are territorial and someone may be overstepping boundaries
When aren't people overstepping their boundaries? Better step off!

Lion: You have much influence over others. you need to exercise restraint in your own social life. You must resist the force that is driving you to self-destruction
I'm sensing a pattern here

Rat: you are feeling unworthy. Something you are keeping to yourself is eating you up inside. It denotes repulsion, decay, dirtiness, and even death. It may be a pun for someone who is a rat as well.
Lovely

Rhinoceros: you need to forge ahead and do not take no for an answer. Be more aggressive.
Ha! Not a problem!

Well, I guess it makes sense now. Everything the dream interperted is pretty much what's going on. Too bad dreams couldn't just say this stuff. Instead, I've got to be chased by rats and 1,000 pound elephants every night.

1 comment:

  1. I hate dreams that confuse the shit out of me. Especially if they had rats in them. Rats freak me out. More specifically male rats w/ their big gross balls. Ew.

    ReplyDelete