Monday, February 23, 2009

Peace offering


What is the protocol for remaining friends with an ex? Is there one? I don't usually remain friends with any of my exes. One of the reasons is probably because most of them turned out to be asses that treated me like crap. Or, it could be that I still subconsciously have feelings for them, whether good or bad.

Either way, I really am not able to stay friends with an ex. Or at least not right away. I was on Myspace earlier and you know how on the sidebar there is a box of people that "you may know" who are friends with people you're friends with? Well, this morning A popped up. Let's call him Wasi. He was my ex before my recent Ex. We dated for almost a year and a half. (Not sure if I've gone into this before but a year and a half is my curse. I have never gotten over this mark with anyone) Things were good in the beginning. We were young and beautiful and both loved to party hard.

Unfortunately that is not a good basis for a relationship and things fell apart. The partying started to come first before each other and we ended up getting violent sometimes. Now, I know most girls blame everything on a guy. And yes, he was in the wrong when he put his hands on me, but I am no princess and I admit that I have a huge temper and am as guilty as him.

After we broke up, I had a lot of feelings still for him. Both good and bad. But as time has passed, you grow up and realize that not everyone is right for you. It just wasn't right. Shit happens. Move on.

And I finally feel that I have. So today, I saw him on Myspace and sent him a message. Last time we talked, I had texted him asking about a mutual friend. His new GF had texted me back and told me I should be ashamed of myself for texting her man when I have my own! Crazy ass girl. We're not allowed to communicate? Whatever. So I dropped it and didn't try to contact him again.

My e-mail today went like this:

Hey,
i know its been a minute but I just wanted to say hi and see how you are. I hope that's OK. I don't want to step on any toes or anything.
"Woody" invited me to come see Jess and Thay when they were here but I didn't feel right knowing you and Vienna were there. And I don't want it to be like that. We dated. It didn't work. We're adults, let's move on.
So.. how about it? can we be friends or at least civil? (ooh, look at me being all mature.. :) he he)

So? Good? Not good? It's not like I really even care but I woke up this morning in a good mood, saw him and decided to extend an olive branch. If he writes back, cool. If not, then it's really no skin off my back. (that's a stupid saying but I couldn't think what else to put there)

Oh, and bad news about the stripper tomorrow. We had invited him to Bad Girls Club but we all seem to have went a little nuts on our spending this weekend and don't have enough. Oh well, as Scarlet always says, "tomorrow is always another day."

No comments:

Post a Comment