Monday, January 26, 2009

The gauntlet has been thrown bitches

I have thrown down the gauntlet and am waging a personal war at my job.

As I've said before, I work in Customer Service for a pre-paid debit card company. I know, sounds fun right? Whatever. It's a job until I get done with school and they have full benefits and pay well.

The only problem with my job is that they have such a high turnover rate that they enforce hot seating. Meaning you can sit anywhere you want.

This is the worst policy I have ever seen in my life. Seriously.

Why is this the worst policy? Because:

- people spread germs when sharing computers

-everyday when you come in, you have to lug your stuff to a different computer

-if you're using a different computer everyday, you have to re-configure all your
links and favorites.. every. single. day.

-it's nice to have people you know around you. makes the work day go by better. if you keep getting moved around, you may be by people you don't know and that SUCKS!

- my job is lame. at least when you have your own desk you can put up your own shit and TRY to make the ugly cubicle look a little better

Most of the people that work there have pretty much taken possession of a particular spot and made claim. Technically, if someone sits in your seat, you can't make them move, but it's pretty much common knowledge that if someone sits in the same place everyday, don't try to sit there. It's rude!

So I've been there for almost a year and a half. I have staken claim on a certain spot. Everyone knows this. Sometimes we get some newbies in there who try to get uppity and steal my spot.

What do I do? I come in earlier than that person and steal it back. After a couple days of this, they give up. I do not mind waking up earlier, losers.

Bring it on!

So I've been on medical for 2 weeks and we got some newbies in, and i guess they're trying to take over every one's spot. Not gonna happen. I just need to re-establish my position.

I know this probably sounds like tha lamest thing in the world but I do not give a good god damn. I'm not having sex. I can't drink like I used to. My BF left me for a skank ho. And I listen to people complain about not knowing how to use their debit cards all day, like it's hard or something!

PLEASE. Give me something here. Even if it's a stupid desk at work. It's all I ask.

Bitches better step off!

OK, off to work now. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment