Sunday, December 28, 2008

Stupid silver lining

I guess things with dad are getting better, which really helps a lot. He came over yesterday with my christmas present and all I have to say is WOW. He actually listened to me when I told everyone what I wanted. I've been looking for these hats that I like forever and I haven't been able to find them anywhere. He of course found them at the most obvious place; this hat store we have in the mall called Lids, which only sells hats. Duh. I swear, I am the blondest of the blonde sometimes.

Anywho, he got me two hats, some tupperware and some mixing bowls. Which you may think is kind of weird but actually, me and "kammie" don't own a mixing bowl or any tupperware, so that's exactly what I needed. Good job dad.

We went shopping to find a fit for new years and I think I have what I want. The party we are going to is dressy and kind of formal so the girls are all wearing dresses I think, but I really don't want to. I want to be comfortable on new years so I'm wearing pants and a hot top. I hope i'm not the only girl in pants, but even if I am, I really don't care. It's what makes me comfortable.

My health is the only thing that is really putting a damper on the occasion. I know I'm going to have fun anyways, but I really wish I could party like I want to. All I wanted was to start the damn new year off on a good note, and I've got to ring in the new year sick.

I guess I should be looking at the silver lining and thanking my lucky stars it's not worse than it is. But I really don't care about the stupid silver lining right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment