Friday, December 26, 2008

Sicker than a dog

I spoke a little prematurely yesterday with my post and saying everything was A OK. It's far from it. I woke up at 4am with the same pains as last time. I called dad and he took me to the hospital. The pains weren't as bad as last time, thank god, but they were still pretty bad, and very uncomfortable. They did the same thing and hooked me up to an IV, gave me dilaudid,then took me for an ultra sound.

Prognosis is: Gastritis, Cholelithiasis, and Pancreatitis.

Which pretty much means my organs are shot. I can't eat any solid foods today and only bland food for the rest of the week. No meat either. Ugghh. That's just lame. I'm glad to finally know what is wrong with me, even though it's worse than what I had originally thought. I may even have to have my gall bladder taken out soon. I just can not believe that I am having these health problems at 24 because of drinking. It's sort of insane to me.

It still doesn't make me not want to drink ever again. I can't help it. I love to drink. I love the taste of beer, and I just plain old love being drunk. I'm not an alcoholic or anything. I CAN live without alcohol, and I don't need it to get through my day, I just enjoy it so I don't see any reason in not indulging. I guess I just indulged a little too much.

And I just realized that I have been writing about this for awhile and I'm sure it's getting boring, but it's kind of a huge deal. This is going to affect my health for the rest of my life. I feel like someone just smacked me in the face with a dose of reality. And it doesn't feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment