Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Grass is not always greener on the other side

There is a fricking blizzard outside. Not even kidding. We've gotten like 10 inches already and it's still coming down. Ugh. All I have to say though is thank god I got new tires and new brakes last week. It's bad enough the stupid wipers still aren't fixed. You wanna know how ghetto my car is? So we're waiting for the guys to call us back about the part I need, but until then I've just been sticking the wiper thing in the hole it broke out of and 50% of the time it works. The other day though, they got stuck on high and now won't turn off. So now I have to take the stupid fuse out every time I want to turn them off. Ha Ha I know, Ghetto! Oh well, you live with what you got right?

Speaking of living with what you got... You know the saying, "the grass is always greener on the other side?" Well, whenever I feel low about this stupid break-up and being single again, I think about this saying. And try to remind myself it's not always true.

Case in point: So as you know, Kammie is my roomie. Technically we are both single, but Kammie is sort of seeing C. Their relationship is the weirdest relationship I've ever seen. He's in love with her and I think deep down she does care for him a lot, but he's very clingy and it's pushing her away. When I say clingy I don't just mean calls her every day and wants to hang out kind of thing. I mean, calls her over and over until she finally picks up the phone, wants to hang out with her every single day, gets mad at her if she wants some alone time, and even shows up at our place even when she tells him not to. I know, single white female shit right there.

I feel bad for the guy sometimes because he's so obviously in love with her, but stalking her and making her feel bad is not a healthy way to make someone love you. I get really concerned sometimes about her. But I try to stay out of it as much as possible because, hey, her choice right?

But back to the point. So whenever I start getting sad and lonely and wishing the Ex was there with me, I look at this situation and realize, hey, it could be worse. And obviously, it's not always better to stick with someone, especially in such a bad situation.

So today, the grass is greener on my side of the fence. Even with the damn windshield wipers!

No comments:

Post a Comment