Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Beer conquers all

Good news. I'm not dying. And I don't have to stop drinking. Best fricking news I've gotten all year.

Yes, I have to slow down and make sure I'm taking care of myself, but I don't have to stop drinking all together.

I went to the doctor this morning for a follow-up, and she told me that the night I went to the hospital was pretty much just my bodies way of telling me it's fed up. So no more ibuprofen, or really anything like that. She says, at least for right now, that my stomach needs to heal and any meds like that can just keep it upset. And the best part of all: I can drink, I just have to take some zantac before I go to bed. I swear, there's a pill for everything.

I can't think like that though because that's partly how I got in this situation in the first place. So I'm still going to take it easy on the drinking, but at least I know now that when I do drink, it's OK, I just have to drink responsibly as they say.

Wow! I've turned into an add for an alcohol commercial. Mmmm. I'm thirsty now.

Stupid job.

1 comment: