Sunday, October 26, 2008

Undecided

As I was sitting at work playing on the computer the other day, I hopped onto Craigslist and started trolling the job section. And I found myself pleasantly surprised. There were a lot of listings in my field and the pay for most was almost double what I make now. So I decided to apply for a few and I already have 3 interviews set up. Score!

I mean, it's not like I don't like my job. I do! But it seems to have run it's course and now I find myself bored. I can pretty much do this in my sleep and I'm really starting to lose interest. I need a challenge. And that seems to be the way I feel about life in general right now.

I also finally signed back up for school on Friday. I don't know if I've mentioned it before but this has been sort of a sore issue with me. I've always been a good student. I love school in fact. But last semester I found myself losing interest and barely making it to classes. This was mostly because of my depression and all the anxiety and stress I was going through at the time, but it also made me think about if school was where i need to be right now.

So I've actually taken a semester off to move, and get back on track with everything. Now that I'm more settled, both emotionally and psychically, I feel more confidant in getting back to classes. I'm hopeful that the extra work will get me a little more excited about things again, and will help me get over the Ex as well. I'm still a little concerned about my major, but I've decided that's normal.

I feel like I've lost some of the passion that I used to have towards school and it makes me sad. I know I've had a lot of stress lately and that may be a contributing factor but what if it isn't? What if I have lost my interest in school altogether? I really hope not. It would sure be a waste of time and money if I quit now. And I am not a quitter. I just need to get my groove back I think.

1 comment:

  1. I've had trouble staying motivated about school too. I loved being an undergrad, but grad school is just different. Plus with everything going on in my life... it's taking a major back seat.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete