Sunday, October 12, 2008

He's just not that into you

Has anyone else read this book? He's just not that into you by Greg Behrendt. I heard about it on the bestsellers list and i decided to pick it up from the library. I sat down this weekend and started skimming through it and it really was an eye opener. Kind of depressing in a way though too.

Im sure all girls are aware of these things but choose not to believe them, or decide to be delusional and not listen to the obvious, and I am no exception. I mean look at me and the Ex. He calls me about once a week and says he doesnt have a phone so thats about all he can.

This is bullcrap. The book talks about how if a guy breaks up with you, he's just not that into you. If he's not at your door begging you to take him back, he's just not that into you. If he doesnt call, even though there are phones everywhere, almost everyone has a cell phone, and there are other ways of communicating besides phone, he's just not that into you.

All of these things i've been aware of but have chosen to ignore time and time again. And not just with the Ex.

I got a voicemail from him last night telling me he's sorry he hasnt called but something came up, which is his personal business so I wont go into details here, but he loves me, is thinking about me and really misses me. Then he makes sure to say, i dont want to get back together but i just wanted to tell you that. And hopefully make you feel a little better by letting you know i still care and i want you to call me at work when you can.

Thank goodness I was already tanked and about to pass out when i got this message or im sure there would have been no end to the destruction. (Just kidding but i do have quite a temper sometimes)

But as I sit at work today and ponder this voicemail, I cant help and relate the things he said to what it is stated in this book. Its amazing how he says one thing but does another. Acording to the book, if he really loved me and missed me, as he says he does, then he would call me more than one day a week and he would be making more of an effort. He knows my number and if he missed me that much and thought about me as much as he says, then i would have heard from him, or at least from someone else telling me what has been going on, way before now.

Im going to stop being delusional and take what Ive read to heart. Im not going to call him. There is no reason to. He knows how I feel. He knows i never wanted to break up in the first place. He's the one who doesnt know what he wants. And until he does, Im not going to sit around and wait anymore. He knows my number when he's ready.

Hopefully, for his sake, Im still available when and if he does come around, or that im still even interested in getting back with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment